1. Share Positive or Inspirational Messages- We are all unfortunately surrounded by negativity on a daily basis. So if you follow me on Facebook, you will see that I like to inject some positive vibes into my timeline by posting positive, inspirational, or motivating quotes every so often. I also like to incorporate this strategy into my client’s Facebook post schedule also. It tends to get a lot of response, and who couldn’t use an uplifting word or two.
2. Feature Friday- Or Web spot Wednesday, or Spotlight Saturday… you get the picture. This extremely popular idea I had was to pick a specific day of the week or month, (however often you want to do it) where I featured another business within my niche or my client’s niche. I made sure to share a photo or a post with credits and a link back to the other business. This draws a lot of attention to both pages. If you’re worried about stepping on toes, just contact the parties you wish to feature ahead of time and get their permission. Or you can do like I did and ask in a group if there are others who would like to participate. I ended up with a list of over 200 businesses!
3. Link to a Tutorial- Video is big right now! Use this to your advantage. Make a great short tutorial video that would help your followers out. If you just cannot fathom getting in front of the camera then maybe think about doing a quick slideshow with photos. Posts like this are great attention getters and great for sharing.
4. Fill In The “Blank” or Ask a Question- These types of posts are a great way to get your audience involved. So post an eye-catching photo and do a “call to action” by asking for your follower’s opinions.
5. Personal Posts- You may or may not agree with me here, but I think it’s important to occasionally inject personal posts into your business timeline. Now I don’t mean you should be airing out your dirty laundry for potential customers. I’m talking about family vacations, holiday get-togethers, and behind-the-scenes photos. These kinds of posts are very helpful in getting that know, like, trust factor. I know I like to know the face behind the business name.
These are all tried and tested post ideas that I have used myself and for my clients. I hope you try each of them out and get great engagement.
Let me know how you did in the comments!